Saturday, June 11, 2011

Items in Fridge and Freezer

Refrigerated
I try to keep the items marked with an * on hand
Asparagus
In steamable bags
Berries*
Blueberries*, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
Broccoli
I keep frozen too
Cabbage*
Bok Choy*, red and green
Carrots*
Regular and baby
Cauliflower
I prefer fresh to frozen
Celery*
I keep the tops to use in soup
Citrus
Grapefruit and tangerines
Cucumber
The baby ones are good
Green beans
I keep frozen too
Jicama
Love it raw in salads
Lettuce*
Leafy green and red, romaine
Lemons*
I use one in morning drink
Milk*
Oat or Rice
Peppers
Bell green and red
Picante sauce
For my breakfast burritos
Scallions
They are good raw or cooked
Salsa
Great on my baked potatoes
Tofu
Firm, soft and silken
Tortillas
Ezekial sprouted and corn
Zucchini
I prefer to just munch on them
I try to buy the produce that is in season here in Texas. I pamper myself with organic grapes whenever possible and I prefer to be able to shop every other day for my produce. I am about to start a walking program inside one of the larger supermarkets so will be able to pick up my produce daily...yeah!




Frozen
I fill my freezer up and when it gets empty I panic:)
365 or Green Giant
Broccoli - chopped - and broccoli and carrots
365
Brown rice and black beans
365
Brown rice and red beans
Ezekial 4:9
Bread and rolls
Ore-Ida
Hash browns
Yves
Hot dogs
365
Mustard greens
365
Peas
365
Peas and Carrots
365
Sweet corn white
365
Sweet corn yellow
Amy’s
Various veggie burgers w/low fat
I keep a variety of veggies in the freezer that I pick up when they are on sale. They are very convenient and tasty when I am pressed for time or just tired and don’t want to cook.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment